Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!



It's nice to know that people appreciate what you do. So I was very happy to receive two Stylish Blogger Awards! Sometimes I think I rabbit on too much here, and I have been told its a bit academic on occasion,  but it's good to know that people do read my bloggings.

Celebrations in Golconda upon word of the Awards!
There are some formalities to be followed in accepting the Award.

1. Link back to the person giving the Award.

Thanks to Conrad Kinch  and  Donogh for the Awards! Conrad  blogs at Joy and Forgetfulness and Donogh at Land War In Asia. Much appreciated guys!

2. Share seven things about yourself.
  • Favourite music - '80s, particularly New Wave Romantic;
  • Professionally I wish I had been an archaeologist, historian or tiger conservationist;
  • I have never been to India despite the content of this blog;
  • The name greatwhitezulu was given to me many years ago, when I was still in knickerbockers, by Harry at the now defunct Tin Soldier Sydney store due to my obsession with all things Zulu, which continues to this day;
  • My favourite wargames figures ever - Minifig strip hoplites;
  • Favourite Movie - 300 Spartans;
  • I met Charlton Heston once. I have never met anyone else with as much presence as he.

3. Select 10-15 Blogs that you think are deserving of this Award.

Not an easy one at all! And the rule is that I shouldn't give the award to a blog already nominated, which is a shame!

4. Contact the bloggers and let them know about the nomination!
Done!

Regards
gwz



7 comments:

  1. Thunderous applause, DV, obviously in appreciation of the amount of effort you take in your chosen passion. I know I appreciate your work in researching the period, makes my job so much easier. Well deserved award.

    Cheers
    PC

    PS. New romantic? . . . Aaah Vienna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Dave! Your blog certainly deserves recognition and thanks for the return.

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have chosen you to receive the Stylish Blogger Award.

    Looks like you've already had one. Great blog carry on with the good work.

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It is a bit of fun and I see it has copped flak elsewhere (and here from Hawkwood) - but it certainly does identify blogs that you may not otherwise have seen.

    You also get to find out a bit about other bloggers and their interests etc.

    ReplyDelete