Sunday, January 2, 2011

Can you ever have enough???

Later Muslim Indian army for dbr - well, Moghuls as far as I am concerned : ) This time it is all 15mm.

Figures are a mix of manufacturers. Essex, Lancashire, Peter Pig, QRF, Donnington and Dixon seem to be it, although there may be others.

As usual, figures painted by Peter - although he says he can't remember ever doing these. Best thing is that the army isn't finished yet : )

Generals













Cavalry


















Infantry

Horde

Matchlock

Bowmen

Rockets




Jingals




Artillery

Malabar guns

Organ gun

Artillery of the Stirrup

Elephants








I am not very happy with these photos. Its overcast here and I still don't have the correct equipment to take the photos inside : (

6 comments:

  1. A glorious sighting indeed!
    But don't you ever regret that *all* your Indian armies are not in the same scale? All these gems would be marvelous in 25-28mm!
    Is it a case of "Dispersion! Ach! Gross Malheur!: the bane of so many a wargamer...?

    Cheers, compliments and best wishes.
    Jean-Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!

    yes and no!

    I always believed that 28mm would be cost prohibitive. Having said that, Might & Reason and Volley & Bayonet allow units to have variable strength points. A much easier way to accrue an army than the old 1:20 scale!

    gwz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reflecting on things, my intention was always to slot some European units and sepoys into this army. Then add in units for the Mutiny. That obviously didn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, yes, now I remember these ones. At the time I thought they would never end. Little was I to know . . .

    So I can expect Mutiny figures for them as well. Sounds like fun.

    Still hanging for the 28mm Hindus.

    Peter C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing range of beautifully painted figures. This just shows your determination and dedication to India, no matter what scale. But tell me Dave did you get to game with them? Please say yes!

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wish that my 25s looked half as good . . . splendid, sir. Just splendid.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete